Pediatric Allergist in San Jose, CA
Symptoms of an Allergic Reaction
- Hay fever which involves sneezing, itching of the nose and redness in the eyes.
- Shortness of the child's breath and wheezing.
- Abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and swelling of the skin can also be symptoms of an allergy.
- skin rashes, headaches, nausea, and runny noses.
- A severe allergic reaction is called anaphylaxis which can also be life-threatening.
How is the Testing for Allergies Done?
To test for allergies, the pediatric doctor has to obtain a detailed history of the child's symptoms. Blood tests and skin tests are used to determine the causes of the child's allergies. The allergist identifies the allergic triggers of the. Based on the kid’s needs, the allergist develops a treatment plan that is suited to the kid. The kid is also provided with preventative education to avoid coming in contact with any future triggers.
Allergies can be life threatening and dangerous for the children. These minor instances can severely affect the health and well-being of your child. To help control your child’s allergic reaction it is necessary to get in touch with a qualified pediatrician.
Dr. Rekha Manghnani is a top rated pediatrician based out of San Jose. To get her specialized care, schedule an appointment today at 408-297-9949!